Project Name: Blood Composition Analyser
About Client: The German conglomerate is a world-leading multinational engineering and electronics company with a turnover of over 70 billion (Euros) in 2017. Their services are spread across mobility solutions, household appliances, industrial technology, energy and building technology, engineering and business solutions Their products include automotive parts, power tools, security systems, home appliances, electronics and motors for motorized bicycles.
Client Need: Our client wanted ASPL to do the complete hardware design and the software support for building a non-intrusive blood analyzer. The design had to provide:
- An affordable method for spot-checking blood composition levels.
- Accuracy in spot-checking blood composition levels.
- Needed the device to be battery operated.
Project Scope: The key tasks identified to be within the scope of this project –
- Design, development, testing & certification of the blood composition analyzer.
- Provide basic software support.
Challenges Faced: The main challenges faced by ASPL in developing the blood composition analyzer:
- Reducing the development time for the product to enter the market faster.
- Building the device that complies with various medical standards and certifications.
- Developing a non-intrusive blood monitoring system that maintains high precision.
- Finding multiple possibilities of use for this device.
Solution Offered: Avench Systems Private Limited developed a non-intrusive blood composition analyzer which did not require any blood samples for its analysis. The solution was developed using:
- A low powered ARM processor
- A Pulse oximeter AFE driver module
- Micro B USB 2.0 port
- Linux driver module integrated with Linux operating system
- 512 MB RAM
- Featured Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Battery powered
The device was completely powered using a rechargeable lithium-ion battery which made the battery life significantly longer. The software side was developed using:
- High-speed data capture
- Advanced machine learning algorithms
- Python scripts
- Linux porting
The highly efficient technical team at ASPL integrated the hardware and software so seamlessly that the entire development process was completed with 4 weeks complying with the medical standards and was equipped to be sent for initial field trials.
ASPL could deliver the project as per the defined timeline and requirements. The client has successfully completed field trials of the product and it could perform with almost zero errors yielding extremely satisfying results. After the initial field trials, the customer has come up with additional requirements which we have successfully completed and assured complete client satisfaction.